The hands are a functional part of everyday living. They provide motion, a sense of touch and dexterity. Unfortunately, hands are often what reveals the true age of an individual. Most people protect their faces as opposed to their bodies, necks and hands. This becomes apparent as time passes and the differences between the age of the face and hands become apparent. Fortunately, hand rejuvenation exists, and it could work for you!
There are some common characteristics regarding the changes that aging can have on the hands. These include:
- The texture of the skin changes, making markings more prominent
- Skin elasticity becomes compromised, causing easy bruising
- Age spots and discoloration develop due to changes in pigment from UV exposure
- Brown discolorations, sun spots and white spots develop
- Consistent exposure to light results in skin cancer or precancerous spots
- Loss of fat causes the tendons to become visible
- Soft tissue support significantly decreases over time
- The back of the hands take on a skeletal appearance
- The veins become enlarged and visible due to aging
Treatments for Hand Rejuvenation
The right choice or combination of procedures for hand rejuvenation is dependent on the specific cosmetic concerns of the individual. This choice is incredibly important for the satisfaction of the person and the success of the procedure.
Age spots and brown discolorations are usually treated using light treatments. These types of spots on the skin can be effectively treated using Broadband Light, also known as BBL. During this treatment, carefully controlled light pulses are used in order to bring about various benefits.
This treatment can work for both men and women who are dealing with signs of aging and/or sun damage on the hands. Although results vary based on a number of factors, some individuals have reported their results lasted for quite a while. Of course, aging is inevitable, so the hands will continue to age over time; however, these treatments can be repeated as needed for ongoing benefits.
Learn More About BBL for the Hands
If you are interested in hand rejuvenation to get rid of sun damage and/or aging signs, you owe it to yourself to book an appointment at DrYoungForever so that you can get all the facts about hand rejuvenation at our office in San Antonio, TX. Contact us today to set up your initial consultation and learn more!